Many dog food brands fill their dog food with additives, dyes, highly processed ingredients, and unknown “meat byproducts.” Just thinking about this is enough to make us shudder, and it’s the reason that so many dog parents are turning to homemade dog food.
Making homemade dog food allows you to control exactly what your dog is eating so that you can avoid less desirable ingredients and ensure that your dog is eating nutrient-rich meals throughout the day.
Lamb is a popular ingredient in homemade dog food that provides many health benefits for your pup. Lamb is especially gentle on the stomach and an amazing choice for a dog with food sensitivities. It’s also rich in various vitamins and minerals, including iron, vitamin B12, and zinc.
If your pup has a sensitive tummy, the following recipe is sure to be a hit.
How to Make Healthy Homemade Lamb Dog Food
Here’s how to make delicious, healthy lamb dog food for your pup!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 pound ground lamb
- ¾ cup frozen veggies (we recommend green beans, carrots, broccoli, baby spinach, or a combination of your pup’s favorites)
- 3 cups brown rice, cooked
- ½ tablespoon coconut oil
- Heat coconut oil in a large skillet with coconut oil and ground lamb.
- Add frozen vegetables and enough water to cover the vegetables, bring water to a boil.
- Simmer for around 35 minutes, or until lamb is cooked through.
- Remove skillet from heat and drain any excess liquid.
- Add cooked rice and allow to cool completely before serving to your…