Pet parents, listen up! Caring for your pup means more than just grabbing whatever store-bought dog food is on sale and hoping for the best. What, when, and how you’re feeding your dog matters.
Considering the type of dog food, dog food portion size, and how much food your dog needs by weight can make a huge difference in dog weight management. Other simple steps, such as using a slow feeder dog bowl, increasing exercise, and avoiding human food, can help your dog lose or manage their weight.
In this article, we’ll go through everything you need to know about helping your dog manage their weight, as well as some common questions you might have:
- How Many Calories Should My Dog Eat Daily?
- Calculate Portions by Weight & Breed
- Downloadable Feeding Charts
- How to Tell if Your Dog is Overweight
- Common Causes of Weight Gain in Dogs
- Weight Loss Tips for Overweight Dogs
- How to Help Your Dog Lose Weight
- Best Dog Food for Weight Loss
How Many Calories Should My Dog Eat Daily?
Simply put, there is no one-size-fits-all answer for how much to feed a dog. It all depends on factors like your pup’s breed, age, and daily activity level.
And as a pet parent, you’re responsible for feeding your dog the right proportions and nutrients. Maybe you have a picky pup that needs some coaxing and convincing to down a meal. Or maybe your dog has a sensitive stomach that needs some TLC. Or maybe you’ve got an overzealous eater…